Workshop date: 21-23 of April 2021
Workshop organizer: Institute of Physics at Jan Kochanowski University (UJK) and Holy Cross Cancer Center (Kielce, Poland); Dariusz Banaś and Aldona Kubala-Kukuś, leaders of the BIOMEDIAG subgroup of ENFORCE-TXRF COST CA18130 action.
General aims: The BIOMEDIAG SG aims to foster the knowledge exchange and the development of a joint research agenda about using TXRF in the new and emerging applications for advanced elemental analysis of biological and medical samples, acting transversely to all the Action working groups (WG1, WG2, WG3 and WG4) coherently with their specific objectives.
This workshop acts as a stakeholders platform bringing together scientists with interest in biological and medical applications, promoting the TXRF technique for the analysis of biological (plants and animals) and medical (human) samples.
- Typical biological and medical samples analyzed by TXRF: aim of the studies, technical details of the measurements.
- Application of TXRF in laboratory diagnostics of human biological material samples.
- Standards/reference materials (biological and medical)
- Available in the literature and new procedures for the preparation of selected biological and medical samples for the TXRF analysis.
- TXRF instrumentation and laboratory equipment useful in the context of biomedical analysis.
- Presentation of other independent techniques used for elemental analysis of the biological and medical samples and comparisons of their features with the TXRF method.
- Further research direction (e.g. Development and verification of easy to implementation procedures allowing routine measurements with low detection limits for metals, metalloids and non-metals).
- Promotion of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard “General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”.